Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Irfan Hamid <ir...@enst.fr> on 2004/06/08 05:54:32 UTC

Problem running Cocoon 2.0.4 with Tomcat 5.0.25

Hi,

I have tried installing and configuring Cocoon to work with Tomcat. On
the Cocoon project website's installation guide there are no
instructions for using Cocoon with Tomcat 5. So I copied the cocoon.war
file to the webapps folder of Tomcat and restarted Tomcat. I get the
following error message in my browser:

"HTTP Status 404 - Servlet Cocoon2 is not available"

And a folder cocoon2 is created in my Tomcat webapps folder.

Can anyone help me out here, I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA,
Irfan.

Re: Problem running Cocoon 2.0.4 with Tomcat 5.0.25

Posted by ad...@free.fr.
The Tomcat logs would surely have stories to tell on this one ;)

Posted by Irfan Hamid <ir...@enst.fr>.
Yup there's a bunch of stuff in the cocoon directory. other than several
different directories, the cocoon root contains sitemap.xmap and
cocoon.xconf.moved

well one thing kinda bugs me. i type in http://localhost:8080/ and it
works, so tomcat is working. but when i type http:/localhost:8080/cocoon
it tells me that it couldnt find the application cocoon2, now why would
that be?

irfan.

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.