Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> on 2007/09/09 11:56:59 UTC

Re: svn commit: r26500 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos

On Sep 9, 2007, at 1:24 AM, dionisos@tigris.org wrote:

> Author: dionisos
> Date: Sun Sep  9 01:24:23 2007
> New Revision: 26500
>
> Log:
> Resolve issue #2911: post-revprop-change template references non-
> existing
> script name.
>
> * subversion/libsvn_repos/repos.c
>   (create_hooks): Replace reference to propchange-email.pl with
>    commit-email.pl because the former was removed in r19331.

Aren't we recommending to use mailer.py instead these days?  Maybe
should just put that one in the post-revprop-change instead.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
CTO, OrcaWare Technologies

Re: svn commit: r26500 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Erik Huelsmann" <eh...@gmail.com> writes:
>> Aren't we recommending to use mailer.py instead these days?  Maybe
>> should just put that one in the post-revprop-change instead.
>
> Good point. Shouldn't we then also remove the other tools from our
> tools/ and contrib/ areas? Or move them to some contrib/non-endorsed
> directory?

No, I think we should still offer them (unless/until they're
unmaintained).  In a sense, "contrib/" is our non-endorsed area, in
the sense that the Subversion project doesn't take any responsibility
for maintaining those utilities.

But if we want to make detailed recommendations, we should just do so
in a README file or something, rather than having our recommendation
affect the availability of a given tool at a stable URL.

+1 on the hook templates referring by name to the tools most likely to
solve the user's problem, of course.

Re: svn commit: r26500 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 9/9/07, Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2007, at 1:24 AM, dionisos@tigris.org wrote:
>
> > Author: dionisos
> > Date: Sun Sep  9 01:24:23 2007
> > New Revision: 26500
> >
> > Log:
> > Resolve issue #2911: post-revprop-change template references non-
> > existing
> > script name.
> >
> > * subversion/libsvn_repos/repos.c
> >   (create_hooks): Replace reference to propchange-email.pl with
> >    commit-email.pl because the former was removed in r19331.
>
> Aren't we recommending to use mailer.py instead these days?  Maybe
> should just put that one in the post-revprop-change instead.

Good point. Shouldn't we then also remove the other tools from our
tools/ and contrib/ areas? Or move them to some contrib/non-endorsed
directory?

bye,

Erik.