Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <fi...@aon.at> on 2012/05/01 18:54:23 UTC

Re: PDF Box to parse the data content on Images

Hello,

PDFBox won't hep you with this, it extracts only text from PDF files.
For images you need some OCR (Optical character recognition) application, these are available in either commercial (e.g. Abby Fine Reader) or free (e.g. Tesseract) versions. The EuDML project is working on a package that does what you want, see PdfToTextViaOCR.

Best
Thomas