Posted to dev@teaclave.apache.org by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org> on 2022/12/06 05:16:54 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) Java TEE SDK v0.1.0-rc.1

Hi Shaojun,

I check the followings:

- Are release files in correct location? Yes
- Do release files have the word incubating in their name? Yes
- Are the digital signature and hashes correct? Yes
- Does DISCLAIMER file exist? No
- Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists? No
- Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct? Not exist.
- Is the NOTICE year correct? Not exist.
- Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or
NOTICE? Not exist.
- License information is not mentioned in NOTICE? Not exist.
- Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? I didn't check this.
- Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? I
didn't check this.
- Is the issue minor? No
- Could it possibly be fixed in the next release? Yes

I also build the code with the following error:

```
Step 1/4 : FROM javaenclave_base:v0.1.0 as javaenclave_release
pull access denied for javaenclave_base, repository does not exist or
may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource
is denied
Unable to find image 'javaenclave_release:v0.1.0' locally
```

I vote with:
  -1 don’t release the software because the license and disclaimer
files were not included in the release. Also, please fix the building
issue accordingly.

Some minor issue in the build instruction:

1. Build command should be:
  $ tar zxvf apache-teaclave-java-tee-sdk-0.1.0-rc.1-incubating.tar.gz && \
     cd apache-teaclave-java-tee-sdk-0.1.0-rc.1-incubating && \
     ./tools/cicd/make.sh build

Mingshen