Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de> on 2017/07/25 11:47:51 UTC

SolrCloud wildcard query result order change

With SolrCloud 6.4.2 (5 shards on 5 server) and a wildcard query
I get different results between the same query.

I assume this is alltogether due to the distributed search and
the response time of each server and the constant score of 1.0 ???

Is there any config where I can set the shard order (shard_1...shard_n)
as result order for results with same score?

Or for results of wildcard query?

Any ideas?

Regards
Bernd

Re: SolrCloud wildcard query result order change

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
What is the query you are executing if you can share. Due you think
difference could be due to updates/ingestion happening same time?

Thanks,
Susheel

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
When scores are identical, the tie is broken by the _internal_ Lucene doc ID.
For the same doc on two different replicas of the same shard, the internal
ID is not only different, but two docs may be ordered (by internal doc ID) one
way on replica1 and reversed on replica2.

To guarantee identical ordering I'd just sort by ID, or maybe date (or
whatever).
If you sort by date, you still potentially have the same problem, two docs may
have an identical date so to insure ordering always have your last sort by
your <uniqueKey>, e.g. sort=date asc,id asc

Best,
Erick

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: SolrCloud wildcard query result order change

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
i thought you said different results i.e. different count.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Bernd Fehling <

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.