Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Phillip Urrea <Ph...@esbic.ie> on 2001/10/16 11:42:36 UTC

SOAP and applets

Does anyone know of a problem calling a SOAP client from an applet??
Every time I try it I get the following error:

sun.applet.AppletSecurityException: checkpackagedefinition
        at sun.applet.AppletSecurity.checkPackageDefinition(Compiled
Code)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Compiled Code)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.soap.encoding.SOAPMappingRegistry.<init>(SOAPMappingRegist
ry.java:412)
        at
org.apache.soap.encoding.SOAPMappingRegistry.<init>(SOAPMappingRegist
ry.java:339)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.<init>(Call.java:88)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.<init>(Call.java:99)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.<init>(Call.java:93)
        at ERPCClient.<init>(ERPCClient.java:31)
        at ETestApplet.init(ETestApplet.java:33)
        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

That looks like a problem with the SOAPMappingRegistry to me. Any
thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: SOAP and applets

Posted by Mark Childerson <ma...@childersoft.com>.
When I started calling SOAP from applets, I did have to fix some debug code
to get it not to access system properties that are unavailable in the
sandbox. I suspect that few people are doing this.

I did not encounter your problem, but I suggest you get and look at the
SOAP source code and see what class it is trying to load. Maybe it is
really because something like xerces is not in your applet html file
archive stuff.

Mark

Re: SOAP and applets

Posted by Mark Childerson <ma...@childersoft.com>.