Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2017/11/27 16:01:02 UTC

Upcoming open letter to PMCs at Apache

Hi folks,
I've been working on a call-to-action email to the projects at Apache
(and later on outside projects), and I'll be sending it shortly to all
the PMCs at apache.

The original document is at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KIBBLE/The+Right+Metrics+for+the+Right+Project

The purpose here is engaging the projects and in return (hopefully)
getting them engaged in Kibble's development. We need feedback on what
works, what does not, and what is needed, from the perspective of the
users (projects).

As stated, I'll be sending it shortly (within an hour or two), but if
anyone has some final tweaks, do let me know!

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: Upcoming open letter to PMCs at Apache

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 11/27/2017 05:17 PM, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi Daniel
>
> It looks good. I have a couple of questions.
>
> You mention a limit - so how many projects are we looking for? (I
> remember when rolling out Snoot originally it was first come, first
> served basis).

It basically depends on the projects, there is no hardcoded limit there.
Some projects have many source objects that need to be scanned, while
other projects have few objects. So depending on which projects want to
participate, the number we can allow changes according to how many
sources we have. I'd estimate we'd probably stop at around 100 sources
of so (which could be anything between 5 and 30 projects).

> And is Kibble (not Snoot the starting base?) or are they pretty much the
> same at the moment?

Snoot is (as far as I know) a separate proprietary thing at the moment,
and probably will be up until the moment where we actually make a
release of Kibble. But that is for Snoot to decide on :)

> Either way it will be interesting to see what comes back.
>
> I'll be drafting the ComDev blog this week - do you want me to include a
> paragraph about this and Kibble?

Sure, that would be great!

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel