Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by petrk <pk...@yahoo.com> on 2014/10/02 10:32:05 UTC

How to migrate queue messages from one instance of ActiveMQ to another

Hi

We have an activeMQ instance that has too much data (30GB) in it's
persistance store and it's causing a major problem. We can address the long
term issue through the use multi kaha db adapter  Managing persistent store
space
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Managing-persistent-store-space-td4685913.html>
, but I need to be able to start fresh, reduce the store size and not lose
any pending messages.

So, my idea is to move just the pending messages to a new instance of
activeMQ and then shut down the older one. The question though, is there a
way to move the pending messages other than programatically reading them off
the old activeMQ and writting them to the new activeMQ one by one?