Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Tobias McNulty <tm...@datadesk.com> on 2002/04/08 17:07:31 UTC

XML Schema Write Validation

I saw that XML schema write validation was a proposed requirement of
xerces2.  Does xerces2-java support write validation?  (I haven't
seen any mention of it since that proposal).

Thanks,
Toby
--
Tobias McNulty
Data Description, Inc.

Re: XML Schema Write Validation

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Tobias McNulty wrote:
> I saw that XML schema write validation was a proposed requirement of
> xerces2.  Does xerces2-java support write validation?  (I haven't
> seen any mention of it since that proposal).

More of a goal than a requirement. We didn't consider that
write validation was a requirement for releasing Xerces2.
However, we have a good architecture in place that will
allow us to implement such things more easily. For example,
part of the Abstract Schema features in DOM L3 is already
implemented for XML Schemas. And we're discussing designs
for implementing a generalized grammar caching mechanism
to support XML Schema, DTDs, etc.

>From what API were you hoping to do re-validation (or
write validation)? Do you have any other requirements that
would help us as we continue to design/implement this
functionality?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org