Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by JOYDEEP <j....@unlimitedmail.org> on 2007/06/29 08:25:38 UTC

confusion with postfix+spamassassin+amavisd-new

Dear list,

I am using suse 9.3 and confused with postfix+spamassassin+amavisd-new

I have first installed amavisd-new and perl-spamassassin. Then I find
the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file
I manually added an email address as black listed and start
amavisd-new.  then I check the email and find it successfully tagged the
mail as spam from that black listed address.  Should I also install
spassassin ? right now I have no 783 port .

I am really confused. could any one kindly enlighten me ?
thanks.

Re: confusion with postfix+spamassassin+amavisd-new

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.
On Thursday 28 June 2007, JOYDEEP wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am using suse 9.3 and confused with postfix+spamassassin+amavisd-new
>
> I have first installed amavisd-new and perl-spamassassin. Then I find
> the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file
> I manually added an email address as black listed and start
> amavisd-new.  then I check the email and find it successfully tagged the
> mail as spam from that black listed address.  Should I also install
> spassassin ? right now I have no 783 port .
>
> I am really confused. could any one kindly enlighten me ?
> thanks.

If it tagged it, you have done everything correctly.

Now configure your mail reader to move tagged spam to
a folder named "probably spam" or something like that.

--
John Andersen