Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sridhar Chellappa <fl...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/24 08:45:47 UTC

Aggregating metrics from different boxes

Folks,

I am using RichMapFunction to generate codahale like metrics from different
taskmanagers spread across an N-Node cluster. When I see the visualizations
(Grafana on InfluxDB), I see all of the metrics as separate streams
($host.$taskmanager.$uuid.$metricname).

I thought I can aggregate these metrics(counters from all boxes into one
aggregate count) using Grafana but am Unable to do so. Is there way to
change my code such that this is possible?

Re: Aggregating metrics from different boxes

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
If you want to change under what identifier metrics are exported please
have a look at scope formats in the flink documentation:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/monitoring/metrics.html#scope

If i understood you correctly the goal would be to remove the host and
taskmanager parameters.