Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2010/03/23 21:52:30 UTC

Required Border...

Does anyone have a required border class (something that automatically
puts a little red "*" next to a required field)?  I have one that I'm
using, but it doesn't work under ajax!  When the component gets
updated via ajax, it keeps appending little red "*"s to the markup.
Don't get me wrong, it's quite funny, but I just don't think my users
will get it.  I've tried using a border and I've also tried doing it
as a behavior.  Either way I get the endless string if "*"s.

Re: Required Border...

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Also, they way I'm adding the required indicator to my fields is by
using a visitor in the onBeforeRender method (again per the forms with
flair example).  So, you're not exactly allowed to change the
hierarchy at this point from what I understand, so calling the
form.add() wouldn't work I don't think.

Re: Required Border...

Posted by TahitianGabriel <gl...@piti.pf>.
Sorry, Nabble swallowed the span tag!

FormComponentFeedbackBorder:
&lt;span wicket:id="border"><input type="text" wicket:id="field">&lt;/span>

FormComponentFeedbackIndicator :
<input type="text" wicket:id="field" />&lt;span
wicket:id="indicator">&lt;/span>

But I understand it doesn't fit your need.

Gabriel.

Re: Required Border...

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
So, I don't have to put the indicator into my markup?   It somehow
automatically adds itself?

Re: Required Border...

Posted by TahitianGabriel <gl...@piti.pf>.

Re: Required Border...

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: Required Border...

Posted by TahitianGabriel <gl...@piti.pf>.

Re: DEPLOYMENT PROBLEMS

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Search the list, it has been brought up many times before.

Martijn

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM, victorTrapiello <vi...@trapiello.net> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I have finished my wicket application, with hibernate spring and postgresql
> for my database, I´m wodering wher I can deploy my appliucation, do you know
> any cheap hosting that offers me a good performance with java ie wicket
> hibernate, and also postgresql¿?
>

> Thank you very much guys
>
> Regards

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.4

Re:DEPLOYMENT PROBLEMS

Re: Required Border...

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Here's a previous thread I just found that deals with my issue:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@wicket.apache.org/msg18324.html

However, their solution doesn't fix my problem entirely.  In my
situation, my component that's required isn't visible upon the first
render.  I've got an onblur event causing it to become enabled (if a
user types in a certain field, other required fields become
visible/required).  So, I actually do need it to render during a
particular ajax request.  :(

Re: Required Border...

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: Required Border...

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.

Re: better way setting up ID for a Wicket component?

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Martin and Jeremy, thanks for chiming. The suggested solutions work but IMHO none of them seem ideal in terms of less code, error-less, and refactoring.

The best is to have that convenience method or use Wickt 1.5 where HTMLElement's id will be kept.

All the best,
David

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Hi!

Actually one line that he wants is more like:

{ Label label; add(label = new Label("abc",
"abcdef").setOutputMarkupId(true).setMarkupId(label.getId())); }

;)

**

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
See...told you. :)

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
I just created a JIRA before you replied.

I understand your concern, but I dont fully agree with you.

As you know, less and clean coding is always a good thing and best to be the part of the tool.

Regards.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Not sure whether the help method will do the trick of one-liner code.

I feel that it would be much nice if Wicket could have the following additional method for a Componment:

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
helper method?

Re: Prevent messages from being displayed in FeedbackPanel if displayed in ComponentFeedbackPanel

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
You could use a custom IFeedbackMessageFilter

Re: PROBLEM WITH PAY PAL INTEGRATION

Posted by victorTrapiello <vi...@trapiello.net>.
that´s is goign to be my next step, can I put directly in the wicket form
post to pay pal or i there any method to set the post in wicket¿?

thanks Steave

Posted by Steve Swinsburg <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by victorTrapiello <vi...@trapiello.net>.
Yes I use POST,