Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jerry M <te...@malcolms.com> on 2008/01/28 02:29:06 UTC

Detecting Bounces in Matcher?

I am trying to detect a msg via matcher that originated as a bounce from
the DSNBounce processor.   When I get the bounce back in my email
client, it shows my "postmaster" address as the "from", which makes
sense.  But when I tried using the IsSender=<my postmaster email addr>
matcher, it blows right on by it.  I finally tried the IsSenderNull, and
the match was successful.  But I don't want to leave a test for null
sender to assume it is a bounce from me.  Too many spam msgs come
through that have a null sender.  I guess I could create some funky
"[..my special bounce text..]" as a prefix for the bounce mailet to add
to the subject line that likely wouldn't be found elsewhere and then use
the SubjectStartsWith= matcher.  But that's kinda kludgy.

Is there a better matcher to use to guarantee I get a hit on all notes
generated by the bouncer mailet?

Thx.

Jerry