Posted to users@maven.apache.org by laredotornado-3 <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/20 19:15:44 UTC

How do I pass a shell expression into exec arg?

Hi,

I'm using Maven 3.0.3.  I'm running an Ant-run exec command.

                        <plugin>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <phase>compile</phase>
                                                <configuration>
                                                                <exec
failonerror="true" executable="stcmd">
                                                                        <arg
value="CIRQUE_${env}_COMPLETE_`date +"%Y%m%d-%T"`" />

My question is, what is the proper way to write the shell expression, `date
+"%Y%m%d-%T"`, in the argument?  Right now, I'm getting Maven parse errors

[ERROR]   The project
(/Users/davea/Documents/workspace-sts-2.6.0.SR1/mycoUSA2/Technology/myregion/cirquedusoleil/pom.xml)
has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-parseable POM
/Users/davea/Documents/workspace-sts-2.6.0.SR1/mycoUSA2/Technology/myregion/cirquedusoleil/pom.xml:
start tag unexpected character % (position: TEXT seen ...ue="-nl"
/>\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<arg value="CIRQUE_${env}_COMPLETE_`date +"%...
@57:54)  @ line 57, column 54 -> [Help 2

Thanks, - Dave