Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Yang <dy...@nextjump.com> on 2010/11/18 00:09:04 UTC

Per field facet limit

Hi,

The wiki on facet.limit
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#facet.limit) says
"This parameter can be specified on a per field basis to indicate a
separate limit for certain fields." But it is not specified how to
specify a specific field. How do you do this?

I  tried

            <str name="facet.field">a_id</str>

            <int name="a_id.facet.mincount">30</int>

            <str name="facet.field">b_id</str>

            <int name="b_id.facet.mincount">3</int>

Which didn't work, as well as plain 'facet.mincount' twice which also
didn't work.

Cheers,

David.

Re: Per field facet limit

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: The wiki on facet.limit
: (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#facet.limit) says
: "This parameter can be specified on a per field basis to indicate a
: separate limit for certain fields." But it is not specified how to
: specify a specific field. How do you do this?

it's explained at the top of the Parameters section...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#Parameters

>> Note that many parameters may be overridden on a per-field basis with
>> the	following syntax:
>>
>>    * f.<fieldName>.<FacetParam>=<value>

...and then there is an example

-Hoss

RE: Per field facet limit

Posted by David Yang <dy...@nextjump.com>.
Sorry for the typo, I meant mincount, not limit... :p

Cheers,
David

Posted by David Yang <dy...@nextjump.com>.
Makes sense. The processing is already done and there is no reason to
not return it, since it is wont explode into a horribly long list,
unlike a field facet.
Thanks!

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.

RE: Per field facet limit