Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Raphael Hsieh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/28 23:24:51 UTC

logging 'failed' tuples in mastercoord-bg0

Is there a way to add logging to the master coordinator?
For some reason my spout is failing batches and not giving me any error
messages.
The log files on the host don't provide any error messages and I'm not sure
where the logic for this resides in Storm-Trident.

Is there a particular string other than 'failed' that I can grep for?

Thanks
--
Raphael Hsieh

RE: logging 'failed' tuples in mastercoord-bg0

Posted by Simon Cooper <si...@featurespace.co.uk>.
Is there any other cause of silent replays? We’re seeing batch replays even though tuple timeouts are turned off completely, and max_spout_pending is 1...

Do you think you could point me to some documentation on where I can set those values in Storm Trident? I can't seem to find anything or figure that out.
Thanks

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com>> wrote:
"Silent replays" are usually a sign of batches timing out.

By default storm uses a timeout value of thirty seconds.

Try upping that value and setting TOPOLOGY_SPOUT_MAX_PENDING to a very low value like 1. In trident that controls how many batches can be in-flight at a time.

-Taylor

Posted by Raphael Hsieh <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanks for your help Taylor,

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.