Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by David Montgomery <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/28 16:20:35 UTC

zk will not cluster

Hi,

I cant cluster three nodes.  They all are standalone.

Here is the zoo.cgf for each

the myid for each is 1,2,3

myid is located in /var/lib/zookeeper/myid

  tickTime=3000
  initLimit=10
  syncLimit=5
  dataDir=/var/lib/zookeeper
  clientPort=2181
  server.1=104.236.xxx:2888:3888
  server.2=104.236.xxx:2888:3888
  server.3=192.241.xxx:2888:3888

Here is how I start

/var/zookeeper-3.4.6/bin/zkServer.sh start-foreground

So why will zk not cluster?

Thanks

Re: zk will not cluster

Posted by Anirudha Jadhav <an...@nyu.edu>.
server.1=104.236.xxx:2888:3888
  server.2=104.236.xxx:2888:3888
  server.3=192.241.xxx:2888:3888

is this the same zoo.cfg on all machine? double check

--
Anirudha P. Jadhav

Re: zk will not cluster

Posted by David Montgomery <da...@gmail.com>.

RE: zk will not cluster

Posted by William Hargrove <Wi...@ig.com>.
Is there a firewall between those two networks (104.236 and 192.241)?

I cant cluster three nodes.  They all are standalone.

Here is the zoo.cgf for each

the myid for each is 1,2,3

myid is located in /var/lib/zookeeper/myid

  tickTime=3000
  initLimit=10
  syncLimit=5
  dataDir=/var/lib/zookeeper
  clientPort=2181
  server.1=104.236.xxx:2888:3888
  server.2=104.236.xxx:2888:3888
  server.3=192.241.xxx:2888:3888

Here is how I start

/var/zookeeper-3.4.6/bin/zkServer.sh start-foreground

So why will zk not cluster?

Thanks
The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44(020 7896 0011) and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusion (etc) that do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG is a trading name of IG Markets Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 04008957) and IG Index Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 01190902). Registered address at Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA. Both IG Markets Limited (register number 195355) and IG Index Limited (register number 114059) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.