Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@Mch.SNI.De> on 1998/08/27 17:31:04 UTC

Error in cdubin.exe

Hello CD universe WebMasters,

In case you have wondered why there have been repeated invalid accesses
   <URL:http://www.cduniverse.com/programs/cdubin.exe/statlog>
from the domain mch.sni.de lately, I've been tracing a bug which
manifested
as a core dump in apache ;-)

The reason for that was an invalid HTTP header generated by your CGI.
Apparently, when I access the "Previous order page" at
   <URL:http://cdu2.cduniverse.com/asp/prevorder.asp?cart=61310756>
and enter *any* (valid or invalid) customer data, then press [Enter],
one of the replies begins with...
  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  Server: .....etc...
(tested with Communicator 4.04)

The invalid duplicate header line caused apache to choke and dump core,
therefore I tried to find the reason for it.

The other URLs (images etc.) contained in the page do not generate
duplicate header lines, so I assume the CGI program must be in error.

    Martin
--
| S I E M E N S |  <Ma...@mch.sni.de>  |      Siemens Nixdorf
| ------------- |   Voice: +49-89-636-46021     |  Informationssysteme
AG
| N I X D O R F |   FAX:   +49-89-636-44994     |   81730 Munich,
Germany
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My opinions only, of course; pgp key available on
request