Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Petr Fejfar <pe...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/22 21:47:38 UTC

Looking for Pop-up menu...

Hi all,

I went through lot of Javascript integrating components
to find out pop-up menu similiar to YUI context menu
except a menu could be poped-up by left mouse click,
mouse hover etc...

But I did not find any. Is somewhere such component?

Thanks, Petr

Re: Looking for Pop-up menu...

Posted by Petr Fejfar <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Joshua Lim<li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I Think menu2 can do what you want as Ryan said. You can override the
> getCssClass() to return your own class name, because the default is
> yui-skin-sam which will span the width of yui-menu to the whole of the
> containing box.

Yes, I finally came with Mathias support at this solution.

> BTW... whether the menu pop-up on mouse click or mouse over is due the the
> css class "yuimenubarnav" -

Thank you for help,

Petr

Re: Looking for Pop-up menu...

Posted by Joshua Lim <li...@gmail.com>.
I Think menu2 can do what you want as Ryan said. You can override the
getCssClass() to return your own class name, because the default is
yui-skin-sam which will span the width of yui-menu to the whole of the
containing box.

    final YuiMenuBar mb = new YuiMenuBar("menuBar")
        {
            @Override
            protected String getCssClass()
            {
                return "mymenuskin";
            }
        };

HTML

.mymenuskin .yuimenubar {
                width: 100px;
                background-color: #DDD;
                border: 1px solid #000;
                float: left;
            }
and then customise the menu to what ever look and feel you want. the link
below can be a guide, but also firebug can help you see the css class
generated.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#cssref

BTW... whether the menu pop-up on mouse click or mouse over is due the the
css class "yuimenubarnav" -
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#usingmenubar - unforunately at this
moment, this is not overriddable.

hth josh