Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ellis Pritchard <el...@nukinetics.com> on 2007/01/19 18:01:24 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.10 problems

Hi,

Some context: I'm leaving my Cocoon-based job today, and don't know when
I'll next work on it, so this is a heads-up that someone else might want
to follow up:

As well as bug COCOON-1985 from yesterday, I've got two more problems
since upgrading from Cocoon 2.1.8 to 2.1.10:

1/ Critical: ehcache doesn't work at all with 2.1.10. No cache entries
were being generated, despite the logs showing the entries being made
and the cache entry making it all the way to the EHCache code itself. I
couldn't trace any further with this version, but upgraded to EHCache
1.2.4, and the caching worked again. Serious!

2/ Annoying: someone commented out the line 458 in
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.impl.EHDefaultStore which means that
it's impossible to set the location of the store from web.xml;
EHDefaultStore basically ignores the disk-location you pass in the
constructor (look at the comment for DiskStore), in favor of the
configuration file. That hack with the system property seemed to be
there for a reason:

        System.setProperty("java.io.tmpdir", directoryPath);

3/ Bad: restore from disk for eventbased cache no longer works; the key
never seems to make it to the on-disk store on shutdown. Result; if you
use the eventcache pipeline, all disk content is lost on restart.

Sorry for the brevity of this message, I'm literally being kicked out of
the office now!

Best wishes!

Ellis.