Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Bill Clinton <bc...@snipermail.com> on 2001/08/23 21:58:37 UTC

Help Wanted?

Hello,
     I have been using struts for a little while now, and I really like
it.  I have had to delve into the source code occasionally and I think I
have a fairly good idea of the struts concepts.

     I would like to partipate in the project.  I am wondering if you
guys have some sort of list of smaller tasks that need to be done for
people like myself, who want to get involved but don't want to come in
and try to rewrite the whole thing.  I guess I am looking for a way to
"pay my dues" and prove myself as someone who can contribute while still
doing something useful for the project.

Thanks for any info,
Bill

Re: Help Wanted?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Chris Miller wrote:

> Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:49:22 +0100
> From: Chris Miller <ch...@hotmail.com>
> To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Help Wanted?
>
> > One important thing to review when looking at bug reports is whether the
> > bug occurs in the Struts 1.0 final release, or in the current nightly
> > builds.  The source code has (of course) evolved since 1.0, so you need to
> > make sure you're patching against the correct version.
>
> Speaking of which, are we likely to see Struts 1.0.1 with the bug-fixes for
> 1.0 soonish?

I am sadly remiss on catching up on the 1.0 patches -- can you believe I'm
*still* recovering from JavaOne-induced schedule madness :-(.

It makes sense to me that we do a 1.0.1 release soon, with all the things
that have already been patched and fixes for as many of the outstanding
bug reports as we can do.  We (as Struts committers can work together to
create a plan to create this).

Craig

Re: Help Wanted?

Posted by Chris Miller <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Help Wanted?

Posted by Bill Clinton <bc...@snipermail.com>.
Craig,
     Thanks alot for the reply.  This is exactly the type of information
I was looking for.  I am familiar with CVS, so no problems there.

Thanks again,
Bill

Re: Help Wanted?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.