Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Vu <st...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/13 19:04:04 UTC

Re: Tomcat 4.0.1 install issues

I had a similar problem accessing .jsp pages on a
Linux box so don't know if this will apply to W2k but
hopefully it will help.

My problem was that I (the one who starts/stops
Tomcat) did _not_ have write permission to the
$TOMCAT_HOME/work directory.  This is what Tomcat uses
to create the servlet class files for each jsp file.
Once I changed the ownership of this directory, I was
able to access jsp pages.
--- "John M. Corro" <jo...@cornerstone.net>

=== message truncated ===