Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Emiliano <em...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/17 14:56:20 UTC

Stanbol Documentation (New User)

Hi All,
I haven't any experience with semantic web and I have to study Stanbol
framework.
I start with http://stanbol.apache.org/index.html, but it's not enough for
me.
I'm looking for JAVADOC API or a deeper documentation for to start
development, but I didn't find anything about it.
Can you help me?

Cordially

Emiliano

Re: Stanbol Documentation (New User)

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emiliano

The documentation of the RESTful API is part of the Stanbol Web UI. If
you start your own stanbol server as described at [1] you will find it
at http://localhost:8080 (e.g http://localhost:8080/enhancer for the
Stanbol Enhancer) In the top right corner there will be a REST API
link.

For more information on how to make use of the Enhancement Results
please have a look at [2]

AFAIK Java API is not available on the project webpage. However if you
call the maven build with the "-DdownloadSources=true
-DdownloadJavadocs=true" both source and java doc will be downloaded
to your local maven repository. Typical IDE will pick them up from
that location.

For the Stanbol Enhancer there is also an detailed developer
documentation. [3] is the starting page of that.

hope this helps to get started
best
Rupert

[1] http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/tutorial.html