Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by JSP Insider - wombat <wo...@jspinsider.com> on 2002/01/30 01:13:49 UTC

silly question time on using dial up connections

Depending on your setup, it usually really easy to set up a service and its client.

However, If I build a client which is residing on a Dail up connection such as MSN
or ATT, you get the following error "error opening socket: operation timed"

Has anyone figured out:

a) what exactly the problem is, is it the ISP performing filtering of the ip packets
or is it a security issue withj something else?

b) Has anyone figured out how to get a client to successfuly connect through such
a dial up connection.

I have seen similiar questions posted, but nowhere Have I found a work around for this
situation.

thanks much

Casey Kochmer