Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Michael S. Tsirkin" <ms...@mellanox.co.il> on 2005/01/16 14:34:59 UTC

subversion 1.1.3 redhat 9.0 spec

Hello, David, devs!
subversion 1.1.3 redhat 9.0 spec for source rpm currently seems to expose
a couple of problems:

- server test is run on the default port.
  this means you can not build the rpm on a machine
  where a real subversion server is running, since
  the test fails

It is possible I guess that the target for make svntest
shall be changed to avoid this port, but its equally
easy to work around this in the spec.

- subversion is built against the in-tree neon library.
  this is incorrect I think - with RPMs you must build
  against a system-wide library.

By the way, it seems that, for some reason, if neon
exists in tree subversion make always builds it,
even when configured with --with-neon - I had to remove
the neon sub-directory to handle that.

so anyway, here is a patch to your spec file, and
an updated spec [attached].

MST

Re: subversion 1.1.3 redhat 9.0 spec

Posted by Marcus Rueckert <da...@web.de>.
On 2005-01-16 16:34:59 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> - subversion is built against the in-tree neon library.
>   this is incorrect I think - with RPMs you must build
>   against a system-wide library.
>
> By the way, it seems that, for some reason, if neon
> exists in tree subversion make always builds it,
> even when configured with --with-neon - I had to remove
> the neon sub-directory to handle that.

cant agree on this point. it builds against system neon on all of my
boxes. i maintain rpms for suse and it just works.

darix

--
irssi - the client of the smart and beautiful people

              http://www.irssi.de/

Re: subversion 1.1.3 redhat 9.0 spec

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

> Hello, David, devs!
> subversion 1.1.3 redhat 9.0 spec for source rpm currently seems to expose
> a couple of problems:
>
> - server test is run on the default port.
>   this means you can not build the rpm on a machine
>   where a real subversion server is running, since
>   the test fails
>
> It is possible I guess that the target for make svntest
> shall be changed to avoid this port, but its equally
> easy to work around this in the spec.
>
> - subversion is built against the in-tree neon library.
>   this is incorrect I think - with RPMs you must build
>   against a system-wide library.
>
> By the way, it seems that, for some reason, if neon
> exists in tree subversion make always builds it,
> even when configured with --with-neon - I had to remove
> the neon sub-directory to handle that.

Thanks for the patch, I checked that stuff in as rev 12651 a few days ago,
but unless we nominate it for the 1.1.x branch it won't show up until 1.2.

If it is causing any problems I can nominate it for 1.1.4.

--
David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt