Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Juergen Schlinker <ju...@gmx.de> on 2007/08/06 13:06:57 UTC

Re: no diff possible after move

Ok, I just checked this and you're right.
Anyway, my client doesn't seem to support this.
And looking at windows, linux and MacOS GUI-clients that I know shows me
that this feature is not supported by any client I know.
Maybe people are not moving files between directories a lot :-)

Thanks anyway

Juergen

This way you destroy the history. Use "svn mv" instead which preserves it.

Re: no diff possible after move

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 03:06:57PM +0200, Juergen Schlinker wrote:

[svn mv]

> And looking at windows, linux and MacOS GUI-clients that I know shows me
> that this feature is not supported by any client I know.

I guess there is no client that does /not/ support moving files.
In your previous post, you referred to tortoise: just use the right
mouse button :-)

Rainer