Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vpapado <vp...@yahoo.gr> on 2009/12/21 22:50:22 UTC

j_security_check not working with flash

Hello,

I have a problem authenticating my users with j_security_check interworking
with a flash on my login.jsp page.

Here is how things go:

I use j_security_check method to authenticate my users.
As a result, I have assigned a login.jsp page where I have a login form and
at the top of the page a menu developed with flash:

..::1 - Login Form::..
<form method='POST' action='j_security_check'>
Username:<input type='text' name='j_username'><br>
Password:<input type='password' name='j_password'><br>
<input type='submit' value='Log In'>
</form>

..::2 - Menu Flash::..

When the user is prompt to login, then inserts the correct username -
password.
But after submit, the authentication method fails and the error page appears
from Tomcat:

HTTP Status 404 - /...../j_security_check
type Status report
message /...../j_security_check
description The requested resource (/...../j_security_check) is not
available.

Then I simply remove my flash menu and the whole login procedure of the user
is performed correctly!!!!!!
This means that flash caused the error in this page!!!!!!

Is there a way I can have in my login.jsp page my flash menu and perform the
login successfully?

Thanks in Advance for the answer,
papado.

Re: j_security_check not working with flash

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: j_security_check not working with flash

Posted by vpapado <vp...@yahoo.gr>.
Hello,

Thank you for fast reply.
I try everything. Open in different browser, etc.
But the whole login procedure seems to result to error from Tomcat when I
have my flash on the login.jsp page.
When I remove this flash everything seems to work OK.
Is there a possibility that j_security_check type of authentication
conflicts with flash swf file? Who knows...

I know about the problem with re-authentication and I solved it in a way
that whenever a user goes to login.jsp page again (this means that there is
already a user loged in the current secured file system), then I
simultaneously log out the user with "session.invalidate();" and redirect
him to the same page where the user pressed "log-in button". This will cause
to automatic redirection to login.jsp page, since tomcat recognises that
there is no user loged-in at that moment. This causes successful
re-authentication.

Thank you again for the fast answer.

papado.

Posted by an...@gmail.com.

Posted by vpapado <vp...@yahoo.gr>.
Hello,

Indeed that was it!
I moved the flash into another folder that is not protected, and now it
works.

Thanks you!
Bye

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 21/12/2009 21:50, vpapado wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem authenticating my users with j_security_check interworking
> with a flash on my login.jsp page.
>
> Here is how things go:
>
> I use j_security_check method to authenticate my users.
> As a result, I have assigned a login.jsp page where I have a login form and
> at the top of the page a menu developed with flash:
>
> ..::1 - Login Form::..
> <form method='POST' action='j_security_check'>
> Username:<input type='text' name='j_username'><br>
> Password:<input type='password' name='j_password'><br>
> <input type='submit' value='Log In'>
> </form>
>
> ..::2 - Menu Flash::..
>

> When the user is prompt to login, then inserts the correct username -
> password.
> But after submit, the authentication method fails and the error page appears
> from Tomcat:
>
> HTTP Status 404 - /...../j_security_check
> type Status report
> message /...../j_security_check
> description The requested resource (/...../j_security_check) is not
> available.
>

> Then I simply remove my flash menu and the whole login procedure of the user
> is performed correctly!!!!!!
> This means that flash caused the error in this page!!!!!!
>
> Is there a way I can have in my login.jsp page my flash menu and perform the
> login successfully?

At a guess: don't put the Flash movie in a protected directory.