Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ravicv <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 12:41:56 UTC

Query regarding dataimporthandler

Hi,

Is there any way for intermediate commits while indexing data using
dataimport handler?
I am using 1.4 solr version.

My problem is :

Some times while indexing huge data about 4 GB , after indeixng it is while
commit process is going on if any user searches the data sometimes solr is
throwing heap space error.

Since my data before commit operation is nearly 8 GB , but after both commit
and optimize is node it reduces to 4 GB. I am usign full import option.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
ravichandra

Re: Query regarding dataimporthandler

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
There is no way to do it within DataImportHandler but you can configure
<autoCommit> in solrconfig.xml to automatically commit pending updates by
time or number of documents.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM, ravicv <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way for intermediate commits while indexing data using
> dataimport handler?
> I am using 1.4 solr version.
>
> My problem is :
>
> Some times while indexing huge data about 4 GB , after indeixng it is while
> commit process is going on if any user searches the data sometimes solr is
> throwing heap space error.
>
> Since my data before commit operation is nearly 8 GB , but after both
> commit
> and optimize is node it reduces to 4 GB. I am usign full import option.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> ravichandra

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.