Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Michael C." <mj...@avetana.de> on 2011/11/07 15:32:33 UTC

T5.3-rc-3: FieldTranslatorSource "sees" an overriden service

Hi,
I've run into a problem when upgrading to T5.3-rc-3.
We used the contributeServiceOverride method to override the
ComponentMessageSource service with an different implementation of ours.
After the switch to 5.3, the webapp (in jetty) starts, and a simple test
page can be rendered, using our messages.
But when calling a page with a form (i.e. login form), the following
exception occurs:

for the first FieldTranslatorSource in the first Text field

I've seen such exceptions before when adding the same service twice, but
these always were thrown before the webapp was ready.

Is this a bug?

Mike

Re: T5.3-rc-3: FieldTranslatorSource "sees" an overriden service

Posted by Michael Capper <mj...@avetana.de>.
It seems that, when getting Messages from the MasterObjectProvider for a
*ComponentMessagesSource* used "somewhere" for the translations in my
Templates or Classes when Injecting the Messages, it finds the one bound in
the AppModule and contributed to the ServiceOverride.

But when geting Messages from the MasterObjectProvider for a *Messages*,
done so for the Constructor of FieldTranslatorSource, it gets both the
original ComponentMessagesSource bound in the TapestryModule and the one
from our AppModule.

I've added a small workaround, overriding the RegistryImpl's
findServiceIdsForInterface to only return our Service in this case, until I
know how to properly do it.