Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Wilko Hische <w....@dotmachine.nl> on 2007/12/20 16:00:00 UTC

wicket-datetime-rc2 javascript error in generated event.js

Hello,

When in a wicket-rc2 Quickstart I try to use
org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DateField from wicket-datetime-rc2
I get an error messsage in FF and IE7 concerning event.js.

If I open the page for the first time:

"nl is not defined"

looking at the contents of event.js with firebug i only see

nl

(with nl being the only package at root level).

------------------------------
HomePage.java:
------------------------------
package nl.feeddex;

import org.apache.wicket.PageParameters;
import org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DateField;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WebPage;
import org.apache.wicket.model.IModel;

public class HomePage extends WebPage {
    private Date date;
    public HomePage(final PageParameters parameters) {

        Form form = new Form("form");
        form.add( new DateField( "testDate", new IModel(){
			public Object getObject() {
	            return date;
            }
			public void setObject(Object object) {
	            date = (Date)object;
            }
			public void detach() {
            }
        }));
        add( form );
        add( new MyDummyPanel( "panel" ));
    }
}

------------------------------
HomePage.html:
------------------------------

    <head>
        <title>Wicket Quickstart Archetype Homepage</title>
    </head>
		<form wicket:id="form">
			Date:
			<input type="submit" value="Submit!"/>
		</form>
------------------------------

The panel i include because otherwise i get an exception(?):

WicketMessage: Unknown tag name with Wicket namespace: 'panel'. Might be you
haven't installed the appropriate resolver?

This is a blocker for us, should I make a bug report? I am afraid the
JavaScript is a bit too involved for me to be able to patch this myself on
short notice.

Best regards,

Wilko Hische

Re: wicket-datetime-rc2 javascript error in generated event.js

Posted by Wilko Hische <w....@dotmachine.nl>.
Answering myself. The problem does not occur anymore in yesterday's snapshot.

Thanks to whoever fixed it,

Wilko Hische