Posted to user@click.apache.org by Rafal Rusin <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/13 13:10:35 UTC

Date field locale

Hello,

I downloaded 2.1.0 version, entered examples
(http://localhost:8080/click-examples/cayenne/cayenne-form-page.htm),
and I see the same problem with DateField locale, as described here:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-60

I mean, after clicking date value, rendered month value is in english
(eg. FEB) . But server accepts only polish values (LUT).
The same problem shows in online examples.

Should I reopen this issue or create another?

Rafał Rusin
http://rrusin.blogspot.com
http://www.touk.pl
http://top.touk.pl

Re: Date field locale

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rafal, I'll apply your translations.

If anybody on this list would like to contribute a translation please add it to this JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-624

Just a note on Click-Calendar: it is quite mature and I can highly recommended it, however we cannot
ship it with Apache Click as it is released under the LGPL which is not compatible with the Apache
license.

kind regards

bob

Re: Date field locale

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for info, it was very helpful.
I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-624.

On 13 February 2010 14:45, Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rafal,
>
> I think what is happening is that the some language properties are missing
> for the given language.
>
> The DateField has a separate JavaScript file for each language:
>
>  click-extras/src/META-INF/resources/click/calendar/pl.js
>
> The pl.js misses the following properties which is why it is defaulting to
> English:
>
> // Full month names. Change this for local month names
> Date.monthNames = new
> Array('January','February','March','April','May','June','July','August','September','October','November','December');
>
> // Month abbreviations. Change this for local month names
> Date.monthAbbreviations = new
> Array('Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep','Oct','Nov','Dec');
>
> // Full day names. Change this for local month names
> Date.dayNames = new
> Array('Sunday','Monday','Tuesday','Wednesday','Thursday','Friday','Saturday');
>
> // Day abbreviations. Change this for local month names
> Date.dayAbbreviations = new
> Array('Sun','Mon','Tue','Wed','Thu','Fri','Sat');
>
> Could you please open a new JIRA for this issue and if possible attach the
> translation?
>
> You can easily fix this locally as well by creating a local copy of pl.js in
> your project:
>
>  webapp/click/calendar/pl.js
>
> Alternatively you could use the more mature JSCalendar control available
> here[1]:
>
> kind regards
>
> bob
>
> [1]: http://code.google.com/p/click-calendar/
>

> On 13/02/2010 11:10 PM, Rafal Rusin wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I downloaded 2.1.0 version, entered examples
>> (http://localhost:8080/click-examples/cayenne/cayenne-form-page.htm),
>> and I see the same problem with DateField locale, as described here:
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-60
>>
>> I mean, after clicking date value, rendered month value is in english
>> (eg. FEB) . But server accepts only polish values (LUT).
>> The same problem shows in online examples.
>>
>> Should I reopen this issue or create another?
>>
>> Regards,

Rafał Rusin
http://rrusin.blogspot.com
http://www.touk.pl