Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Sundling <tk...@tkz.net> on 2005/01/17 18:03:39 UTC

MavenSubversion wiki update needed (& mailing list)

I'd like to point out that in the welcome message to the list, it still
says:

  'Welcome to dev@jakarta.apache.org!'

I'm guessing that's a historical artifact of moving to a top level
domain.  All other email addresses use maven. :)

I didn't get an response on the uesr list.  I tried opening an account
on the wiki, but it was still immutable.  I'm suprised the chinese spam
wasn't wiped off the wiki.

Is there some way to update the
http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/MavenSubversion page, it would make it
easier to find for users who migrate to subversion and encounter the
error?

With maven version 1.0.2 (changelog plugin 1.7.1) and possibly other
versions, svn support for changelog fails by default.  The
following is the generated error message:

  "repository connection string does not specify 'cvs' as the scm"

This can be fixed by adding the following line to project.properties:

maven.changelog.factory = org.apache.maven.svnlib.SvnChangeLogFactory

Paul Sundling

Posted by Paul Sundling <tk...@tkz.net>.
I figured it actually made even more sense to go to the source and make
the error message when using something other than cvs more obvious.

The error I improved is encountered when the maven.changelog.factory is
not set and an scm other than CVS is used.

Paul Sundling

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Paul,