Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Dyke <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/06 02:15:07 UTC

[users@httpd] DELETE method

I'm trying to put together a REST-ful application and am having a hard time
getting apache configured to take DELETE's.  I have in the virtual host
file:
<Directory /path/to/directory />
        AllowOverride All
        Options All
        <Limit DELETE GET PUT POST >
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
        </Limit>
    </Directory>

I only added this configuruation after it was first denied, thinking i had
to enable it.  I'm using apache 2.2.13.  This directory is also named as a
WSGIScriptAlias /wsgi /path/to/directory.  POST/GET works fine, have not yet
tried PUT.

Thanks for what is sure to be a simple solution.

Jeff

Re: [users@httpd] DELETE method

Posted by Jeff Dyke <je...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Jeff Dyke <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>wrote:
>
>> What's in the directory? If it's a filesystem, apache won't let you DELETE
>> (unless you have it DAV enabled or something like that).
>>
>> Thanks for the quick reply,
>
> there is actually a collection of python wsgi compatible scripts in that
> directory.  At first  <Directory> was just setting:
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
>
> The the delete request is called on a url like
> http://example.org/wsgi/image.py/image/2.  Is there a different way this
> type of request needs to be configured.
>
> grrrrrr, thought i excluded all of ... but it seems that the error was
coming from a third party python module based on how it was being called.

I knew it would be easy.

Posted by Jeff Dyke <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.