Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by jvejsada <jv...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/10 19:33:46 UTC

product feature quantity?

Hello. I'm trying to set up a product in ofbiz, let's say a scrapbook, with a
base price. It must be possible for the user to add additional pages to the
scrapbook for a dollar each. How would this be best set up?
The scrapbook could be a configurable item, and an additional page could be
a component of its configuration. But then is it possible for the user to
specify how many additional pages to add?

Alternately, is it possible to make 'additional page' a feature and for the
user to specify feature quantity?

thanks

Re: product feature quantity?

Posted by jvejsada <jv...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Scott. So I set it up using a configurable product, which also has to
be virtual for other reasons, but now the aggregate price isn't showing up
when I put the configured variant item in the shopping cart. Looking at the
source code, it seems that ProductConfigWrapper.init() isn't checking
whether the parent product is of aggregate type. Is this just a bug or is it
incorrect to have a product that's both virtual and configurable?

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.