Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by We...@ExoticSportbike.com on 2005/10/20 12:49:53 UTC

Nutch and Clustering

Nutch is obviously best deployed over a cluster.  If you're running Linux
boxes, what is the best method(s) of clustering?

I am familiar with using heartbeat and LVS, using heartbeat for the director
and backup director and LVS-DR for the real server nodes.

Is this the best / simplest configuration for a cluster which will be used
to strictly run Nutch?  What are some other good methods of clustering
[Nutch]?

Re: Nutch and Clustering

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Try the map reduce branch in the svn it is the best to use the nutch
own 'cluster' grid computing mechanism.
HTH
Stefan

Re: Nutch and Clustering

Posted by Earl Cahill <ca...@yahoo.com>.
I have trying to get an answer to this same question
without much luck.  I would like to see users start to
post their network setups and conf/nutch-site.xml
files, to the list and perhaps on a page in the wiki.

I can say that the mapreduce branch is aimed at doing
this

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/FAQ#head-48f8d8319c3c85953118721f42336613abf7f6b6

Good luck!

Earl