Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Pratik Patel <pr...@metalab.unc.edu> on 2001/10/31 13:44:08 UTC

[AvalonDB] JDBC driver contribution

I see the work is furiously moving forward with the AvalonDB.
I took the liberty of contacting the co-author from my JDBC book and asked
him if he would donate the code from his SimpleText JDBC driver &
implementation.
Karl said "no problem" so point your web browser to:
http://www.servletguru.com/downloads/SimpleText.zip

It's a bit old, but since AvalonDB is not planning on going past
entry-level SQL92
for now it may fit the bill. Karl's code is a nice 'clean-room'
implementation of a JDBC
driver and is lightweight.

cheers
Pratik

Re: [AvalonDB] JDBC driver contribution

Posted by Pratik Patel <pr...@metalab.unc.edu>.
> Cheers for that.  You and Karl know this means if we steal bits they
> will end up as Apache license.....

Yes.

>> It's a bit old, but since AvalonDB is not planning on going past
>> entry-level SQL92
>> for now it may fit the bill. Karl's code is a nice 'clean-room'
>> implementation of a JDBC
>> driver and is lightweight.
>

> Cheeky swine, we're code generating here with this.  Sky's the limit!

Yeah, saw the BCL commits earlier.

As an aside, I don't know if the folks on this list know about dbxml's
(www.dbxml.org) move to Apache.
They want to port it to use Avalon as the server framework I believe.
AvalonDB would be useful for them
as a starting point for porting to Avalon.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Pratik,

> Karl said "no problem" so point your web browser to:
> http://www.servletguru.com/downloads/SimpleText.zip

Cheers for that.  You and Karl know this means if we steal bits they
will end up as Apache license.....

> It's a bit old, but since AvalonDB is not planning on going past
> entry-level SQL92
> for now it may fit the bill. Karl's code is a nice 'clean-room'
> implementation of a JDBC
> driver and is lightweight.

Cheeky swine, we're code generating here with this.  Sky's the limit!

- Paul

RE: [AvalonDB] JDBC driver contribution

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Cool, thanx mate!!!