Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dustman <du...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/22 05:40:14 UTC

Comments being disabled automatically.

I've double checked all the checkboxes that enables/disables comments for the
entire server, weblog & entry and all of them are enabled. But when I click
on an entry this message always apears at the bottom - Comments are closed
for this entry.

After further testing, it seems that a blog with 4 or less entries would be
normal. But once I enter more than that number, the comments dissappear.

Did I do anything incorrectly?

Thanks.
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Comments being disabled automatically.

Posted by Dustman <du...@gmail.com>.
I'm using MySQL 5.0.18-standard.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
BTW, what database (type and release version) are you using?

--a.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Roller 2.3 is still in release candidacy and is about to be released
officially.   The actual release is expected to contain a fix for this
issue.  I will be posting a separate note about the issue to this list
momentarily.

--a.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Roller 2.3 is still in release candidacy and has not yet officially released
but is expected to release officially in the next few days.

Starting with the official Roller 2.3 release, the MySQL schema scripts will
define boolean fields using TINYINT(1) instead of BIT.  This is to avoid an
issue that many of you have hit with using the BIT type for boolean fields
in MySQL versions 5.0.3 and higher.

If you are trying to run earlier released versions of Roller on MySQL
version 5.0.3 or higher, you should change the boolean fields in the scripts
from BIT to TINYINT(1) in order to get things to work.  Several users have
noted this on this list already.

If you are running earlier versions  of Roller with MySQL version 5.0.2 or
lower, BIT in these versions is a synonym for TINYINT(1), and you need not
do anything.

--a.

RE: Comments being disabled automatically.

Posted by Dustman <du...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dustman <du...@gmail.com>.
Update

Now it seems that no matter how much or rather how less a number of entries
I enter, the comments still keeps getting disabled.
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.