Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kemp Randy-W18971 <Ra...@motorola.com> on 2001/07/10 19:17:37 UTC

instantDB in development

I am playing with accessing databases on instantDB in development.  Can
someone give me the equivalent code in instandDB, for the code I use with
Oracle (as far as classname and url goes, given I have the drivers correctly
loaded)?

  String username = "duck";
        String password = "daffy";
        String url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@this.is.a.fake.name:1521:helpme";
        Connection con;
//      String query = "SELECT * FROM alex_course";
        String query = "SELECT * FROM me_job_entry";
        Statement stmt;

        try {
            Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
        }
        catch (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException e) {
            System.err.print("ClassNotFoundException: ");
            System.err.println(e.getMessage());
        }