Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by brian beard <br...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/25 16:00:18 UTC

solr and https

Has anyone tried using solr over https?

Is there any reason why this might not be feasible?

Brian Beard

Re: solr and https

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Has anyone tried using solr over https?

not personally, my Solr instances are usually protected behind a firewall
(just like my databases) so i'm not typically worried about
securingconnections to them from my applications

: Is there any reason why this might not be feasible?

none that i can think of.

-Hoss

Re: solr and https

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 4/25/07, brian beard <br...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ...Has anyone tried using solr over https?
> Is there any reason why this might not be feasible?...

As with any servlet-based system, using apache httpd's as an SSL
front-end with mod_proxy will work, and it has other benefits besides
not needing any changes to Solr itself.

There's a good discussion of that at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ApacheModProxy, it's based on Cocoon but
most of it is relevant for Solr as well.

-Bertrand