Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Stephen Varga <sv...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/09 16:45:18 UTC

login in with LDAP does not require password

I have LDAP enabled on my publication site and I noticed that when login in using my LDAP user name my password is not required.  I can leave it blank.  Has anybody dealt with this already.  I can fix this to require a password but do not want to recreate the wheel if it already exists.

---------------------------------

Re: login in with LDAP does not require password

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Stephen Varga schrieb:
> I have LDAP enabled on my publication site and I noticed that when login
> in using my LDAP user name my password is not required.  I can leave it
> blank.  Has anybody dealt with this already.  I can fix this to require
> a password but do not want to recreate the wheel if it already exists.

I can't confirm this. Login without password should not work, unless of
course that is a policy. I would first check that LDAP server settings
are OK, for example login with some arbitrary LDAP client

--
Wolfgang