Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "(Jay) Jun Yan" <hu...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/24 01:44:15 UTC

DecorationValve getPortletMode() does not return the correct mode

Hi, there,

I have the same problem. The issue is that DecorationValve.getPortletMode()
returns the "EDIT" mode for the portlet you are editing for the first time,
and when portlet mode in another portlet got changed, the mode for this
portlet in edit mode will have "VIEW" returned, which is a bug.

Anybody knows which class can be modified to have it fixed?

Thanks,

Jay

--
(Jay) Jun Yan
---------------------------------------

Re: DecorationValve getPortletMode() does not return the correct mode

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> (Jay) Jun Yan wrote:
>> Hi, there,
>>
>> The problem that causes the issue below is this:
>>
>> In containerValve, SessionFullNavigationalState.sync() is called, which
>> synces the portlet modes (View, Edit, etc.) and window states (Min, Max,
>> Normal) between those in the request, which contains only the info for
>> the
>> active window (like you clicked on Minimize icon on a portlet) and
>> those in
>> the sessio, which remember the mode/state of all the other portlets.
>>
>> In DecorationValve, getPortletMode() and getWindowState() are called
>> to find
>> the mode/state of a porlet.
>>
>> However, the default pipelines.xml lists DecorationValve before
>> containerValve. Thus only state/mode in the request is used. I swithed
>> the
>> order, and this problem is gone.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I do not feel very safe to change the order of valves.
>> Can any
>> expert on those valves confirm whether what I did is correct?
> I'll look into this shortly. Thanks for reporting.
I initially thought you were talking about the trunk version but I see now you're referring
to the 2.0 release version.
This has been fixed in trunk already long time ago: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-460.

If you need to stick to the current 2.0 release version, then you just can move
the ContainerValve before the DecoratorValve in pipelines.xml as you already did.

Regards,

Ate

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by "(Jay) Jun Yan" <hu...@gmail.com>.