Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Pearce, Lyall (DTEI)" <Ly...@saugov.sa.gov.au> on 2008/04/28 08:21:38 UTC

Setting up Asserted security in 2.6.2

Hi all.

Let me state, up front, that I am a bit of noob when it comes to jspwiki and tomcat (we are using 5.5.9), in general.

I am trying to setup Asserted security. I understand this to be that someone goes into prefs, enters a name and it is saved in a cookie.

The behaviour I am seeing at the moment is that I go into prefs, set my name, I can see the cookies but I still see (anonymous guest) as my 'name'.

The security property is set to off.

jspwiki.policy is the default install contents, as is pretty much everything else, this is a intranet wiki.

I guess there is a value it should be set to which will give me Asserted?

...Lyall

Re: Setting up Asserted security in 2.6.2

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> The behaviour I am seeing at the moment is that I go into prefs,
> set my name, I can see the cookies but I still see (anonymous
> guest) as my 'name'.
>
> The security property is set to off.

Set it to "on".  There is no reason to set it to "off" anymore.

My guess is that you have it in your intranet, and that the server
which serves jspwiki has a different name than what the browser
thinks it is.  And since browser security demands that cookies are
only given to the same server which requested them, it just stashes
them away and never gives them back.

/Janne