Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2011/07/17 13:47:07 UTC

OWB performance

Hi folks!

Recently there have been lot of tweets and rumours about fast EE6 application servers. Sadly if they say fast they only speak from startup performance. Of course it is a big benefit to not have to wait 15 minutes before a server is ready, but that doesn't say anything about how fast the server is regarding runtime performance.

Yesterday Gerhard posted a nice blog comparing the _runtime_ performance of various EE servers - with a clear winner: OWB

http://os890.blogspot.com/2011/07/benchmark-myfaces-codi-scopes-owb-vs.html

And yes, I like to keep it that way ;)

LieGrue,
strub

Re: OWB performance

Posted by Rohit Kelapure <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. That helped!

Re: OWB performance

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi rohit,

Re: OWB performance

Posted by Rohit Kelapure <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: OWB performance

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi @ all,

the source as well as the jmeter config of the newest benchmarks is
available at [1].

fyi:
some benchmarks have a special maven profile for the ee config. however, you
can also use the std. owb config. in the resulting war-file you just have to

Re: OWB performance

Posted by Rohit Kelapure <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1. Good work Gerhard!

Re: OWB performance

Posted by Rohit Kelapure <ke...@gmail.com>.
Gerhard,

Is your benchmark publicly accessible. I would like to run the same for
WebSphere Application Server 8 which includes OWB.

--Thanks,
Rohit Kelapure

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Gerhard Petracek <

Re: OWB performance

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi @ all,