Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "yanbo.ai" <ya...@huaat.net> on 2013/07/24 05:43:33 UTC

found that the producer called localhost: 9092 in Kafka of Java client.

Hi,

I'm using Kafka of Java client to send events to my data center, but found that the producer called localhost: 9092.
Actually , my broker list doesn't include localhost.  why ?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
yanbo.ai

Re: found that the producer called localhost: 9092 in Kafka of Java client.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Is this 0.8? If so, the broker list is only used for retrieving metadata.
The producer then connects to the broker using the returned metadata info.
The hostname in the metadata depends on the OS setting for the host (see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-OnEC2%2Cwhycan%27tmyhighlevelconsumersconnecttothebrokers%3F
).

Thanks,

Jun