Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Syed Mushtaq <sy...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/12 17:19:32 UTC

Incorrect packages being maintained at download.cloudstack.org

Hi All,

We have found that the RPMs for 4.12.0.0 on http://download.cloudstack.org/
are incorrect. For example the package "cloudstack-common" has files that
are not present in the 4.12 branch. Does anyone knows who maintains them?
We need to fix that as it is the official URL for installation.

Thanks,
-Syed

Re: Incorrect packages being maintained at download.cloudstack.org

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello Syed and Sid,

There is a conceptual misunderstanding. A "git branch" is different from "a
git tag"; each release (4.11.z.s, 4.12.0.0, and so on) is based on a tag,
not a branch. The branch is created based on 4.y.0.0. Then, as other
versions are added and released the branch is updated for further releases
of the branch.

You are right when you say that file 'patchviasocket.py is not on branches
4.11 and 4.12, however the same is not valid for tags 4.11.0.0, 4.11.1.0,
4.11.2.0, and 4.12.0.0.

You can verify that the commit [1], removing 'patchviasocket.py', was
merged after releases 4.11.2.0 and 4.12.0.0, but in time for 4.11.3.0 and
master (which will be tagged and released as 4.13.0.0).

You will see that the 'patchviasocked.py' is on 4.11.2 (version released on
November 2018):
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.11.2.0/scripts/vm/hypervisor/kvm/patchviasocket.py

And also on 4.12.0.0 (released in March 2019):
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.12.0.0/scripts/vm/hypervisor/kvm/patchviasocket.py

4.11.3 (released in June 2019), on the other hand, does not have that file:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.11.3.0/scripts/vm/hypervisor/kvm/patchviasocket.py

Therefore, there is nothing wrong with the packages released for 4.12.0.0.
They are aligned with the tag 4.12.0.0 that we have in Github.

Does that explain your doubts?

Regards,
Gabriel.

[1]