Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Remo Laubacher <re...@ortic.com> on 2018/04/17 08:57:28 UTC

OSX store rejects cordova apps

Hi
we'd like to use cordova to submit an app to the mac store (not iOS, osx).
This doesn't work due to a problem with OSX S Human Interface Guidelines.

It has already been reported a while ago, you can see the issue here

Unfortunately we don't have much knowledge about OSX / Objective C.
However, if there's someone who could fix this, I'd be willing to spend
some money to get it done. It sounds like a simple thing as it would be
enough to quit the app when the main window is closed.

Thanks,
Remo

Re: OSX store rejects cordova apps

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
I can't work on it -- but just be clear on the issue what needs to be done
so whomever takes it up won't waste any time.

Posted by Remo Laubacher <re...@ortic.com>.
I think I would just exit the app, that might be a single line of code and
thus even easier?

Yes, there's a chance of ping pong, but that's my risk. If there's another
issue we'll have to deal with it and worst case I'll have to throw in some
more cash.
If you can take care of the mentioned issue, here's what I would expect:

   1. Quit the app as described (or add the window menu as described, I
   don't care)
   2. Create a PR
   3. Make sure it gets accepted
   4. Let me know how I can use the unreleased cordova version (there's
   probably a tutorial, just haven't tried it yet). I assume it would take a

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
What is the minimum? ""The menu bar [a]lways contains [a] Window menu" is
that it?
If not there will be ping pong submissions until the cows come home with
the Apple Reviewers.