Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Saptarshi Guha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/25 19:06:21 UTC

Turn of Zookeeper

Hello,
Is there a way to off turn zookeeper? I know this might not be a good
idea, but I would just like to test some
code that uses Hbase and don't want to deal with setting up and
running Hbase (someone else's problem)

I'm getting
WARN zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper: Failed to create /hbase -- check
quorum servers, currently=X:2181
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase

I have two machines, X,Y, X is master, and both X,Y are regions. X
runs a zookeeper. Both have 32GB ram.

Much thanks
Saptarshi

Re: Turn of Zookeeper

Posted by Vaibhav Puranik <vp...@gmail.com>.
Saptarshi,

Current HBase trunk has a patch that can help you with the task.

We have extracted HTableInterface out of HTable. This will allow you to mock
HTableInterface and write your own stub for HTable
(Or use Jmock or easy mock).

Since client's primary interaction with HBase is through HTable, mocking
HTable (now HTableInterface) will serve your purpose.

Please look at - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1758

It's scheduled to be released with 0.21

Regards,
Vaibhav Puranik,