Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Soeren Hilmer <so...@tietoenator.com> on 2003/06/06 14:04:57 UTC

Bug 18471 missing attributes on mail

Hi,

Just started working on the changes for the JdbcMailRepository (I hope late is
better than never), and I came accross the following in SqlResources.java

public String getSqlString(String name, boolean required)
{
    String sql = getSqlString(name);
    if ( sql == null ) {
        StringBuffer exceptionBuffer =
            new StringBuffer(64)
                    .append("Required SQL resource: '")
                    .append(name)
                    .append("' was not found.");
        throw new RuntimeException(exceptionBuffer.toString());
    }
    return sql;
}

Note, that the required parameter is never checked.
Now as I would like to call this with required=false, I will change it to the
obvious correct code.
The question is now, does this qualify as a separate patch, or can it be
bundled with the patch for JdbcMailRepository?

Also in the same line, I have proposed a set of matchers/mailets which
operates on mail attributes. I guess they would be preferred in a separate
patch, but is a patch preferred for each mailet/matcher or will it be
preferred to submit them in one patch.

Regards
   Søren
--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 70 27 64 00

RE: Bug 18471 missing attributes on mail

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> Note, that the required parameter is never checked.
> Now as I would like to call this with required=false, I will
> change it to the
> obvious correct code.
> The question is now, does this qualify as a separate patch, or can it be
> bundled with the patch for JdbcMailRepository?

I'd submit it seperately, so it gets a distinct mention in the cvs log

> Also in the same line, I have proposed a set of matchers/mailets which
> operates on mail attributes. I guess they would be preferred in a
> separate
> patch, but is a patch preferred for each mailet/matcher or will it be
> preferred to submit them in one patch.

All in one patch would be fine I guess, if you also submit documentation patches to cover them... :-)

d.

RE: Bug 18471 missing attributes on mail

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Just started working on the changes for the JdbcMailRepository
> (I hope late is better than never)

Absolutely.  :-)

> public String getSqlString(String name, boolean required)
>   String sql = getSqlString(name);
>   if ( sql == null ) {

Fixed.

> I have proposed a set of matchers/mailets which operates
> on mail attributes.

Probably one patch for existing matchers/mailets, and one for new ones.

	--- Noel