Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Keller <ke...@ohsu.edu> on 2002/08/09 21:30:06 UTC

mod_perl install on SGI

Greetings,
I am trying to install mod_perl with apache_1.2.26 on and SGI running
6.5.16.

apache was installed from the freeware.sgi.com website using their very
nice installer. Unfortunately, the clean up after installation seems to
remove the Makefile that is used by mod_perl's Makefile.

So running install mod_perl from cpan, I get the question "Please tell
me wher I can find your apache src
[ ../apache_x.x/src]
I can't seem to give it a path that works.

I know the executable is at /usr/freeware/apache, but that gives the
message "can't open /Makefile No such file."

I've also tried using /var/inst/fw_apache which is the downloaded source
file. No dice.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom Keller

Thomas J. Keller, Ph.D.
Oregon Health & Science University
MMI Research Core Facility
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR, USA, 97239

http://www.ohsu.edu/core

Re: mod_perl install on SGI

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Tom Keller wrote:
> Greetings,
> I am trying to install mod_perl with apache_1.2.26 on and SGI running
> 6.5.16.
>
> apache was installed from the freeware.sgi.com website using their very
> nice installer. Unfortunately, the clean up after installation seems to
> remove the Makefile that is used by mod_perl's Makefile.
>
> So running install mod_perl from cpan, I get the question "Please tell
> me wher I can find your apache src
> [ ../apache_x.x/src]
> I can't seem to give it a path that works.
>
> I know the executable is at /usr/freeware/apache, but that gives the
> message "can't open /Makefile No such file."
>
> I've also tried using /var/inst/fw_apache which is the downloaded source
> file. No dice.

CPAN asks for your apache '/src' dir, not the location of the binary or
the source base dir. e.g. if you've untarred the apache source in
/tmp/apache_1.3.26, you should pass /tmp/apache_1.3.26/src when prompted
by mod_perl installer. See
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html for more info.