Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by eunosm3 <m3...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/09 21:57:49 UTC

TOTP + Android Tablet + Chrome = FAIL

I successfully set up my Guacamole gateway with TOTP today.  However, I
cannot use the Chrome browser on my Samsung / Android tablet because it did
not show the QR code for enrollment, and does not show the field for the
authentication code, either.

I don't know if anything can be done, because I do not know enough
(anything) about creating a webpage and how a browser displays the elements.

In short, just a PSA in case anyone else encounters a blank page after
moving the TOTP jar file in to the extensions directory.

Re: TOTP + Android Tablet + Chrome = FAIL

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
If the Guacamole deployment was visited by the browser in question
prior to installing the TOTP extension, it may also be called browser
cache. ;)

- Mike

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthew Lawson <m3...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthew Lawson <m3...@gmail.com>.
It showed the first line or two of text, which, iirc, is something like
"Your account has been enabled for 2FA".  It did not show the QR code, or
the field for the resulting authentication code further down on the page.
It only showed the 'Proceed' or 'Next' button, or whatever it is labeled.
Obviously, if I pressed the button, the webpage told me the authentication
failed.

The user (me) does have permissions to change his password. The process
went fine, in fact, when I switched to Chrome on a MacBook, which I used it
to complete the initial setup.  Also, I can log out and log back in without
issue on the MacBook.

I cannot log into Guacamole from the tablet using Chrome with TOTP active
because the field for the authentication code does not show up.  However, I
can use Opera to log in just fine.  It renders the authentication code
field just fine.

 The tablet is an older Galaxy Tab Pro running Android 4.4.2.  Chrome is
the latest version available to 4.4.2.

Do you need more information?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.